Every car owner should know how to handle basic car maintenance, and if you’re one of those who love to roll up their sleeves and do things by yourself, then you need the right tools. Owning the right tools can help you save a lot of money on car repairs and maintenance. If you’re looking to buy tools for DIY auto repair projects, here are 5 tools that every DIY auto repair enthusiast should have.
- Socket set: A socket set with a range of sizes and extensions is an essential tool for DIY car repair. A socket set helps to loosen and tighten nuts and bolts with ease. Look for a set that comes with a ratchet wrench, as this will make your work easier and faster.
- Torque wrench: A torque wrench is necessary for tightening nuts and bolts to a specific level of tightness. Over-tightening or under-tightening bolts can cause problems, so investing in a torque wrench can help you avoid these issues.
- Oil filter wrench: Changing the oil filter is a simple job that most people can do, but getting that oil filter off can be challenging. An oil filter wrench is designed to fit around the oil filter and gives you enough leverage to loosen and remove it.
- Floor jack and jack stands: A floor jack and jack stands are essential for DIY car repairs. A floor jack allows you to lift the car off the ground, making it easy to access the undercarriage. Jack stands offer support after the car is lifted and ensure the car remains safe and stable.
- Pliers and screwdrivers: Pliers and screwdrivers are basic tools that every DIY auto repair enthusiast should have. They are useful for removing and tightening screws and bolts, and for holding parts in place during repairs.
Car maintenance can be quite expensive, but owning the right tools can make a significant difference. These 5 essential tools will enable you to handle numerous auto repair and maintenance jobs without the need for professional help. However, it’s essential to keep safety in mind when working with your car, and never attempt any repairs that are beyond your skill level.